Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Beaming Thanks

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and for me, it's typically a redundant holiday. I'm thankful EVERY DAY!

Still...D1 just got to my office with her fine boyfriend Thomas, and Madeleine the puppy. She had a hair appointment at the salon in my lobby, and Thomas and I walked the puppy around my building before he left for Villa Wifey and a nap. I'm waiting for D1, and will drive her home.

I stood at the elevator and peeked into the salon. D1 was in the chair, talking with the hairdresser, and was BEAMING! She was so happy and giggly, a young woman about to turn 21, and in love and loved. She's pretty and graceful and charming, and she sat in the chair BEAMING.

I'm thankful for the beaming.

Early this am, her sister stood in her bathroom, brushing her teeth. I came in with a toasted English muffin with melted cheese, and a glass of grapefruit juice. I started to dance to the hip hop on her tv, and she caught a glimpse of me. She smiled and rolled her eyes at the same time. It was a complicated expression, but, as gorgeous as D2 is, was attractive.

I'm thankful for her expression.

Last week, as I left the house, Wifey was at the front door, in the morning sun. Rod Stewart had an unkind line about the morning sun and an older woman's face, but all I saw was Wifey's beautiful blue eyes sparkling in that early light.

I'm thankful for Wifey's sparkling eyes.

And so it is, on this erev Thanksgiving. No one knows who'll be where, or even be, next year, but I choose to live in this most delightful and wonderful moment, and to be thankful.

No comments: