Thursday, September 16, 2010

T and A

So last night Wifey meet D1 for a mother/daughter dinner, and I got a ride out to Doral to pick up my Hyundai, which was in for service. On the way home, I saw a Hooters, and thought..I haven't had wings in awhile.

So, I parked, and went in, armed with a copy of New Times.

Oh my. I had been in Hooters before, but I've never seen one like this. EVERY worker there, from the greeters to the waitresses to the bus girls was knock down, drop dead gorgeous.

Wifey doesn't like Hooters. She finds the restaurant's whole concept to be anti-feminist. She thinks it exploits poor young women who happen to have been born with large breasts, or found the money to buy large breasts. She thinks the place objectifies women (I think that's the term).

Whatever. I like their wings. That's TRULY the reason I stopped in, although I knew there'd be a few attractive 20 something girls there. Beat me with a stick!

My server, Laura, was a blonde recently arrived from rural Pennsylvania, to study at FIU. I asked her how she liked Miami. "Well," she said, "I'm a little out of place here." With that, she spanked the butt of the more ample butted Latina waitress behind her, and giggled "The Latina girls have these, and I'm a skinny gringa."

The Latina smiled and said "Lauren --you are SO naughty!" I just gulped and thought "Oh my..."

I ate my wings, and read my paper, and, well, I guess, looked A LITTLE at the other servers. For the $20 dinner tab --I was Hugh Hefner for a night -- at least in my mind.

Years ago, my firm had a file clerk named Crystal, who worked at the Grove Hooters. She was a high pitched voice, seemingly dumb young lady who wasn't. She got 4.0 grades at UM. She used to say that, when presenting the check to the Viejo Verdes (dirty old men), she always touched their shoulders. She never got less than a 30% tip.

I got my check, and followed the tradition. I wished young Laura good luck at FIU.

The wings were very good, by the way...

No comments: