Monday, November 5, 2007

Somewhere Out There

As I write this, my sister's in some small Northern California town looking for her son. He's going to be 26 in April, and left her home last Summer, and hasn't called or written since.

The last evidence of him comes from a woman my sister spoke to, saying she had seen my nephew in September. In August his brother went looking for him without any success.

We're all heartbroken. We die a little when our kids have a bellyache, or struggle in their lives. To not know ANYTHING about one of our children is unthinkable, and yet my sister is living this.

She left on the 7 hour drive yesterday. I'm hoping against hope that she calls me with some positive news. Just to know he's alive would be so positive.

So, here are some positive vibes sent out West. I pray that, as I'm writing this, my sister is with her son, drinking a cup of coffee, and figuring things out.

I have no advice for her, just empathy, hope, and love.

No comments: