Sunday, November 25, 2007

The End of the Weekend

It's Sunday morning, one of my favorite times of the week. As Greg Allman sang "Good ole Sunday morning, bells are ringing everywhere..." Who am I kidding? As the annoying and upbeat person I usually am, MOST times of the week are my favorite.

But this one is special. Daughters #1 and #2 went out last night to a movie together, and really enjoyed each other's company. #2 is sleeping at a friend's; #1 is snoozing away in her bed here. #1 will leave in a few hours for her return to UF, and 2 final exams, before returning here, hopefully, on December 6.

Wifey and I just dragged the dogs around the 'hood, and then went to Roasters for my Sunday morning ambrosia: coffee, a perfectly toasted bagel, and Nova salmon sliced so thinly you could read the Herald through it.

Friday night our friend from Orlando came, and we set up some chairs in front of the house to gaze at the gorgeous full moon. Clouds came in, and then a summer-like rain started. We brought the chairs under the porch (loggia --it's an Italian style house) roof, and I lit a fire in the chimnea. I drank whiskey and our friend drank wine, while the 3 of us talked about life and love, and how hard it is to find the latter.

At about 1145 pm, we ordered some pizza, and we ate it after midnight, like we were still in college. It was white pizza, and it was delicious.

So, back to work tomorrow. Daughter #1 has a few days of classes, and then a final exam or two. If she can't find a driving partner home, I may fly up to Orlando, have her pick me up at the airport there, and drive home with her. Daughter #2 has 3 weeks of classes before her winter break. I'm thinking that the liklihood of my working the last week of 2007 is pretty small.

So, I'm back to Sunday morning. Wifey just told me that she saw a woman on a talk show saying that she was looking for her perfect man, who would take her on her perfect Sunday morning date: work out together, go for breakfast, and then go to church. Well, I hit two out of three...

No comments: