Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Erev Thanksgiving

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving, and I thought it best to ease into the holiday by taking the day off. Daughter #1 came home last night, and she awoke and headed for the smoothie shop to bring her sister a "Blueberry Burst" (with soy protein). Daughter #2 LOVES when her sister does this.

Afterwards, the college sophomore met wifey, and the two visited the new Whole Foods store in South Miami. As she called me about this, you'd have thought she visited Disney World for the first time.

Tonight the girls have friends over, and I'm loving the feel and sounds of a full house --having them both here. If I had one goal as a father, it was to have my girls become close friends, and it seems it's mission accomplished. I want them to be there for each other no matter what. They have different personalities, but they love each other deeply. That makes me so happy.

Anyway, tomorrow it's over the Interstate and through the retirees to grandmother's house we'll go, to hang a few pictures and do a few chores for the world's happiest almost 88 year old. Then, off to Aunt T's for her annual Thanksgiving Day feast, the one day of the year we all seem to be able to get together.

Wifey's a bit anxious, since she hasn't been out of Dade County since JAnuary, but we'll take our time and get her there, hopefully.

The rest of the weekend, I plan to continue the Daddy-\Daughter bonding thing.

It's nice to have the kids home for the holidays.

No comments: