Friday, November 16, 2007

Playing Hookey

The season's first cold front came though last night, leaving us a morning with temperatures in the high 50s and ridiculously blue skies. I walked daughter #2 to the front gate to await her ride from Chris, and then I left on my daily 1.1 mile hike around the hood.

When I returned, wifey was just emerging from the house, wanting to take the dogs for a walk, too. I agreed, and we took the bitches for another go-round, where we ran into a gaggle of neighborhood women with their dogs. I was the only husband/man. The others were all off at work, making money so that their stay at home wives could enjoy countless mornings like this. In other words, they're all schmucks.

In any event, I took all of this to mean that today is meant for hookey, or, as John Sebastian sang decades ago, custom made for a daydreaming boy. That office of mine is looking farther and farther away, "el culo del mundo," as the Cubans say when describing a place too far away, literally the "ass of the world."

Speaking of asses, I'll stay on mine for awhile, and then maybe go for a leisurely lunch somewhere.

I have clients who have entrusted their cases to me for professional and competent handling. Nah --not today!

No comments: