Sunday, November 5, 2023

Keeping Uber Eats Busy

 We discovered Uber Eats during early Covid, and we remain hooked. We gladly pay a bit of a premium for the wonderful convenience of having essentialy whatever food we wish delivered, without having to wait by a register for it. Yesterday was a double dip.

Paul called. He and his boy and grandson were stopping by -- to fetch some infant supplies. D1 and Joey have used our garage as their storage unit -- D2 and Jonathan have as well, and the thinking is that baby stuff doesn't wear out -- so may as well keep it for the next user.

Alex and Danielle have a new baby boy, and so they came by to pick up stuff -- I really have no idea what was in the garage, but whatever was taken away makes me very happy. Someday we may be actually able to park a vehicle inside the 2.5 car structure.

Knowing they were coming, I got Roasters delivered -- nice deli sandwiches. I also poured some Stoli to toast the arrival of the new guy -- his bris is this Wednesday. My late Mom always said babies bring good luck, and I'm hoping this holds true -- along with Jonathan's now 3 week old nephew. We could sure use some brightness in a darkened world.

And then, later, I heard from Mike. Did we have plans to watch the game? We did not, and so invited him, Loni, and Chris over -- Chris's wife is in NYC with friends. This time I Ubereated in Root and Bone -- ribs and fried chicken, and it was delicious. 

The game -- not so much. The Canes blew another one they were favored to win, but that's ok. We had lots of catching up to do with our old friends, and funny tales about our 40 year friendship to share.

After the double dipping of social events, Wifey pleaded with me: nothing more until later this week -- when we're hosting my sister, and then nephew, and then other sister and brother in law.

I got a call tonight from Sue's BFF Olivia about the weekend plans, and made believe she wanted to speak with Wifey. Wifey cringed. Nah -- I gave the information -- Wifey is safe until Wednesday night.

D1 and Joey made it back from SF and Napa, happily, and I know they enjoyed their week long, almost, couple trip.

Today was more football disappointment, as the Fins lost to the Chiefs in a game played early this am from Germany. They came back, prompting great "Animal House" references on a chat ("Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?") but they have yet to prove they can beat an elite team.

So we're well fed, and keeping the local economy active. Our most common delivery is red sauce DiNapoli -- the same guy always delivers, and knows me by name. I used to be friendly with the bartender at Trulucks, Victor. Lately I know the pizza guy better. Hmmm...

Here's to a great reuinio, and, after that, a great T Day. Turns out we're hosting about 25 -- Wifey is already finalizing plans with Les, the caterer. It is indeed that most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: