Sunday, November 26, 2023

Good 'Ole Sunday

 So I had planned a day of total chill, after Wifey and I hosted Kenny and Joelle last night. We had a lovely time -- they shared the nice Cab our neighbor Mariela dropped off for T Day, and we brought in Chana Thai.

They came by ostensibly to watch the new Ridley Scott "Napoleon," but Wifey overpromised. The movie is not out for home viewing yet, and so we hung out eating, and then decided to watch some TV. We brought up the bizarre Brit reality show "Naked Attraction," and that proved fodder for some laughter.

Kenny turns 62 today, along with my dear friend Norman -- two fine gents born the same day on opposite sides of the Eastern Seaboard. Also celebrating is Patricia -- she and Paul are in her native Lima for a party -- the one in Peru, not Ohio.

I got a text from Joey with a deal: he and D1 and the boys would come by, to help organize our garage, which is FILLED with many of their castoffs. The deal was he and I would have a few cocktails, do the work, and they would leave the small Lambo here, for use by the Little Man and Baby Man when they visited. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I also got a call from our affable Argentine handyman Nestor -- could he stop by to replace a dimmer switch I had asked him about? Wifey's new dining room chandelier has many halogen bulbs, and overheats the dimmer installed. Nestor replaced it, but said it may not work -- but he had an answer. If I replaced the 24!!!! little bulbs with LED ones, it would use a fraction of the electricity and not cause an overheated dimmer switch. I told him I would buy the replacements and keep them for his next visit -- he is far more agile than I, and I could imagine a comical fall from the dining room table with less than comical results if I replaced the bulbs.

As Clint said in "Dirty Harry:" a man's gotta know his limitations.

This week we're more  booked than usual -- pickup of the Little Man tomorrow at preschool, and Tuesday D1 and I meeting at our shared dermatologist for our annual skin cancer checks. Wifey didn't get around to making the appointment, and D2 and Jonathan have their own couples' appointment. 

Wednesday I'll hit the office, and Thursday we have a neighborhood Zoom meeting about the undergrounding of FPL lines, finally. I look forward to hearing some hilarious dumb ass questions and comments from our neighbors, all of whom should know better. It'll be fodder for talks with those neighbors who are NOT dumbasses.

Friday Wifey and I have a top secret mission, whose details cannot be revealed until next week, and then Monday we're headed up to Vero Beach, and 2 nights with Joelle and Kenny.

Joelle wanted to go to Key West, but Wifey begged off on account of some of my bad behavior there last March triggers her, and so Joelle found the resort in Vero. I'm sure it'll be lovely, and nice to take advantage of the prices pre December 19, when everything doubles for high season. 

When it comes to the beach, I rarely go, but when I do, always say "I really should go to the beach more often!" I'm guessing this trip will be one of those.

D2 and Jonathan have graciously agreed to dog and house sit, and Betsy the enormous puppy will be very happy -- she loves Pinecrest and the big open running spaces, as opposed to more Urban South Beach.

Plus, her friend Jagger the Retriever lives a few houses away, and assuming he's in town, will give Betsy a great dog-cation.

Meanwhile, the couch beckons, for a little NFL football and maybe a nap before the kids come.

Ah, Sunday...

No comments: