Sunday, October 15, 2023

Football Weekend -- And A Chill Coming?

 A peaceful, easy weekend -- even though my beloved Canes screwed the pooch. Dr. Barry and Josh were late additions to come watch the game -- we brought in DiNapoli and drank a few adult beverages -- but the Canes played awful and we lost. Eh -- what are ya gonna do?

Today I took my long walk in the heat and humidity, and came home to watch the Dolphins. They started out slow, but the amazing offense woke up, and now they lead by 2 TDs  late in the third quarter. They truly are a fun team to watch -- 2 fastest wide receivers and 2 fastest running backs in the League, though one of the backs is out for awhile. Tyreek Hill, the Cheetah, caught a long TD and did a back flip. I love football.

Also -- our first cold front is due in tomorrow. There is actually a temperature forecast with a 5 in front -- amazing. I don't think we've seen a temp in the 60s in months. 

We have a busy grandparent week. D1 is heading up to NYC to lecture to a huge law firm, and so Wifey, D2, and I are helping with preschool pickup -- D2 and I get tomorrow, Wifey has Tuesday, and I volunteered for Wednesday -- probably after a few hours in the office.

The grandfather gig is a nice one, I must say.

The fog of war in Israel remains. Friday Rabbi Yossi asked me to be a relief Jew for minyan, and so I fetched Jeff and we headed over. There were 5 Green and White Miami Dade cars out front. We all jokingly asked Yossi if we got the great protection since he was one of their chaplains, but the truth is, they were giving a big show all over town -- lest some loser decide to cause trouble. Thankfully, none occurred, and we said our prayers for Israel and the IDF.

It's funny -- my late suegro saw this coming. I asked him back in the day if he opposed giving control of Gaza and the West Bank to the Arabs. Not at all, he said -- if they caused trouble, Israel would simply take over again. He fought the Arabs and they never worried him.

Of course, it won't be simple, but Israel WILL prevail. As Bob Marley sang: We've got to fulfill the book.

So looking forward to some cooler temps. And Halloween with the grandsons is around the corner --D1 made plans for us to take them trick or treating in Miami Shores with their British friends -- 2 girls the same ages as the boys. The boys will be dragons -- a big one and a little one. The Little Man LOVES "How to Train Your Dragon."

I kind of enjoy giving out candy at Villa Wifey, but we'll leave out a bowl in front of the gates, like we did last year. Grandkids come first.

Fins seem to have this game in hand -- first time they've started  6-1 since 2002. Long time ago.

I wonder whether that was a chilly October...

No comments: