Wednesday, March 2, 2022

All Along The Watchtower

 So the Plague truly seems in retreat, and now we have to worry about the Russians. As Roseann Roseannadanna said, it's always SOMETHING.

I started yesterday with a meeting with Juan, my personal trainer. I admitted to him that I describe him like Leon, Larry's houseguest, describes people he'd rather not see. "I Fing HATE the MFer..." He got it -- knows I truly DO like him, but would rather not exercise, especially vigorously, involving squats and other means of self, or Juan imposed, torture. But I figure that if I want to run around after the gorgeous grandson, I'd better give myself a fighting chance against becoming an immobile old F.

From there, it was off to Dania, my haircutter for 25 years! I started going to her when D2 was in kindergarten -- her daughter Lindsay and D2 were classmates. In all that time, I was unfaithful to her exactly once. I got annoyed that she wouldn't fit me in when I needed it for a trial, and went to a barber in Sunniland. I ended up looking like Anton Chigarrg meets early 60s Bob Dylan. I came crawling back to Dania -- she forgave my trespass.

Her daughter married a Leewood classmate after UCF, and both moved to Texas. Alas, they had a baby girl, and moved back to the 305, and just closed on a house in Palmetto Bay. Dania is very happy about that, although her husband, not Lindsay's Dad, wants to move. His name is Juan, and he grew up in Hialeah, but says Miami is "too Cuban." That cracks me up.

Anyway, from there I cruised up to Aventura, and a true business meeting with Paul and Stu at Mo's. I got there early, and the hostess asked if I was alone. No, I replied, I was looking for 2 older Jewish man. As hardboiled as she was, she cracked up. "Well -- got plenty of 'em here." I can still kill at the deli -- I AM my father's son.

We strategized a coming battle against a guy I call Fredo, since he's a treacherous prick. We'll see how that turns out.

Wifey came home after I did, after visiting her Mom. Alas, my suegra is mostly out of it, mentally. The Palace finally got her a bed in the nursing home, across the parking lot from the ALF. There was red tape in that -- had to switch hospice providers, for one thing. But she's well fed, bed sore prevented, and comfortable. I hope I die before I get to her stage. I know I likely will.

And then we watched Biden and his SOFTU address. The old fellow acquitted himself pretty well, I thought -- certainly in contrast to the putz he beat for POTUS.

Of course, Putin is very concerning. Hopefully his generals and/or oligarchs get him to back off this worst move since WW II. In the mean time, we just watch, and hope.

No comments: