Thursday, October 15, 2009

Speckled Sunlight on the Water

...is what I see when I look out my office window. We're only on the 4th floor, so I see Biscayne Bay very clearly.

I used to walk around Brickell Key several times per week, in the mornings. I need to start doing that again.

It's a slow Thursday morning. We settled a case on Monday, and spent a good deal of Tuesday at a materials testing lab, working on our remaining biggest case. Today, there's just some paper work, and then a late lunch/early dinner with Dr. Dave, my internist and friend.

I always enjoying seeing him, as long as the visit doesn't include his putting on a rubber glove and taking out a tube of lube...

Who am I? I remember a classmate in Junior High Spanish winning a poetry contest with a poem entitled "Quien Soy? Same thing, and that young lady was asking the question nearly 40 years ago.

This week, at least part of the time --a lawyer. Next week , I guess we'll see.

But always, one who appreciates and enjoys looking out the window, at the beautiful light speckling the Bay's waters.

No comments: