Sunday, September 20, 2009

Should I Be Bored?

It's Sunday afternoon, and I haven't been out of the house most of the weekend. Something tells me I ought to be bored, but I'm not.

Yesterday Wifey and I brought my nephew Henry and his wife Valerie to MIA, and then stopped off in West Kendall for a little shopping. I needed fish food; Wifey needed to take some small cabinets off of the TJ Maxx floor and put them onto ours.

I went home to clean up the guest room, but learned that Henry and Valerie are 2 of the neatest people ever. Often when people stay over, they leave like they were staying in a hotel: wet towels on the floor, beds unmade, etc... One time a family member even left me a very unpleasant unflushed object...

Not Henry and Valerie! They folded back the fold out bed, left the bathroom cleaner than they found it, and even folded their used sheets and towels. There went my afternoon activity! Kudos to my sister for raising this kid the right way!

Anyway, the rest of Saturday consisted of watching college football and napping. Notre Dame won, so that was a bummer, but the rest of the games went my way...

Today, Wifey suggested we go to a movie, but I have zero desire to leave the premises. I really AM getting old --there has to be something really appealing, like good food, or a Canes game, to pique my interest about venturing out of Devonwood.

Tomorrow I guess I'll head to the office. Wifey's having the house painted, so that gives me reason to vacate.

But then, in a week or two, there'll be another reason to stay: to watch the paint dry!

No comments: