Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Never Ending Fender Bender

Today is Day 25 of D2's Volvo still in the body shop! Her friend Brett caused a little fender bender on the way back from a weekend trip, and things are STILL unsettled in the car department.

The body shop had an estimate done on the first day they had the car, and my insurer agreed to pay. Well, every few days, it seemed another part was discovered broken, and now it's coming up to 1 month for the repair!

We've had a rental car, which the insurance carrier has paid for, but still. D2 wants her car back!

I 've called the owner several times. Tonight he promised to finish the car by tomorrow. We'll see...

Meanwhile, the sweet little Colombian nursing student whose car was damaged in the accident has retained a lawyer to seek money damages for her injuries! Ha! We spent hours together at the crash scene, and I spoke to her several times afterwards, each time making sure she was fine. She assured me she was. But now, I guess learning quickly the ways of our country -- a low rent lawyer referred her to an even lower rent chiropractor, and --here comes a PI claim!

I'd be even angrier if it didn't occur to me that I make my living the same way! Yuck. I need to go take a shower.

Anyway --this whole affair shows again the brilliance of the "Seinfeld Show." Insignificant, little annoyances somehow snowball and become BIG annoyances. Agoraphobes are smart: stay home, and avoid these things!

Of course, I've kept my sense of humor throughout the whole episode. The claim letter the Colombian's lawyer sent to me was filled with grammatical errors and run on sentences. I marked it "C minus," and sent it back to him. He'll probably look to torture me if he takes my deposition. It'll serve me right for being such a smartass.

I just hope we finally get the car back tomorrow!

No comments: