Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dirty Old Man

If I've learned anything in my 46 and 1/2 years in this life, it's that Forrest Gump was right about comparing existence to a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get.

And so, as I sit here typing on this rainy Saturday, three gorgeous girls are posing in my house in very sexy lingerie, along with Daughter #2, who's wearing more wholesome "loungewear."

My friend Iris left the law business to help her mother run a textile factory in Hialeah. The problem was, it soon occurred to Iris, that they couldn't compete with the shops in China and the Dominican Republic UNLESS they started their own line. They did, and last year we opened up our house to the first model shoot.

Well, they're back, and they brought 2 new young ladies, one who is 20 and the other late 20s. Not that I noticed, but if I did, well, let's just say they could be centerfolds in a Latina version of Playboy. And, as I was on my rocking chair, reading a magazine, one of them walked over wearing a silk bikini thing, and started talking to me about nursing school! I was going to say that if she was MY nurse, I'd never leave the hospital, but then she'd have thought I was off my rocker. Ha.

Anyway, Daughter #1's upstairs with Wifey, fighting off a cold that she hopes to be over by the time classes start Monday.

I may just amble back to the balcony, talk to Daughter #2, and let my peripheral vision get a workout.

Even on rainy days, sometimes warm rays of sunshine can come into our lives.

No comments: