Sunday, March 31, 2024

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

 It's that time of year: Easter for the Christians, and Passover for the Jews, and I always think of both holidays in terms of movies.

Sure enough, Charlton Heston's "Ten Commandments" was on ABC last night, and I fell asleep finally accepting that Yul Brynner's Pharoah was WAY cooler than Heston's Moses. And as for Easter, "Life of Brian" always comes to mind, and I celebrated by watching the final scene, showing the mass crucifixion, for about the 120th time.

Last night we met Kenny and Joelle at an Italian place in South Miami, now called Mosaica Fabrizio Faranelli. Wifey and I had been at the space probably 10 times when it was different restaurants. Last night's food was the best -- as good an osso bucco as I ever ate.

I praised our friends for being the fun couple. Left to our own laziness, Wifey and I would probably stay home a lot more -- Joelle and Kenny always seem to find ways to lure us out for better times.

And today, Wifey is NOT risen -- still fast asleep, as she doesn't do mornings.

I have a long walk planned in this unseasonably great weather -- high 60s and low humidity. Supposably, as locals say, next weekend has a drop into the 50s -- maybe my final fire pit of the season. After that, the heat and damp will return, I'm sure, like a wet blanket.

Young Josh, me nephew of another brother, says he will stop by later. If he makes it, we shall go to LOL, and send pix to his brother in D.C., who always loves a visit when he's home.

Wifey's car is back from the body shop, and tomorrow I have agreed to fetch Baby Man at his pre school, so D1 can do some project or another. It's also April Fools' Day, and I already have my prank planned -- on FaceBook (tm) of course, and involving WAY post menopausal pregnancy news, this time tied to a weight loss injectable.

And this coming Saturday, it's Ahoy! for Wifey, as I will drop her and friend Jeannette at PortMiami for a 5 night cruise. I think she is more excited about it than any of the luxury European cruises we have taken -- she is SO happy with her besties.

Kenny and Joelle are leaving Saturday, too, to meet their eldest in Ohio to watch the total eclipse of the sun. It occurred to me that of our foursome, I shall be the only one home in Miami, and I am fine with that.

My travel bug is pretty small -- I look most forward to NOT traveling. I still probably will.

But for today, may it be a blessed Easter for those who celebrate. Passover plans away in a few weeks: Joey's family is hosting. Jonathan's, too, but we already committed to Joey's, and, truth be told, the big draw for us is the grandsons. I also really dig the Sephardic tradition of everyone around the table saying where they are from, and where they're headed. Spoiler alert: to Jerusalem!

And this am, like Eric Idle's character on the cross, I may just whistle as I walk.

No comments: