Saturday, March 4, 2023

Back From Key West And Out of Social Media Jail

 So we fetched Edna and Marc and MIA and  drove to D1's house, so Edna could meet the marshmallow 8 month old. D1 had asked for a quiet entry, as the little guy was napping, but Wifey and Edna came in full Canarsie Hot, as I called it. Afterwards we ate at nearby Blue Collar, where the food was good but the service slow, allowing for some "Is ANYTHING OK?" jokes.

Then Key West and Willie Nelson, who at 89 amazed us. He played a full 90 minutes, and sang and picked the HELL out of his guitar. It was something to see. A woman in her late 50s with her cowboy hat boyfriend decided to put on a show before Willie came on. She was WASTED, and wearing a T shirt that said she was a proud stoner. She was. The boyfriend got her from row to row, and in the one in front of us, she let loose. Clearly she had chosen the hot dogs WITH chili from the food truck. The boyfriend got her out, but her products remained. 

It being Key West, there were no mops, but finally an enterprising usher showed up with paper towels and bleach spray. The show went on!

I had a dinosaur moment at the hotel yesterday am. I was waiting at the coffee bar to take one up to the room for Wifey. I had already been up, eaten breakfast, and had my coffee. A fellow was in front of me, preparing 2 cups. He was middle aged, overweight, and dressed like a slob, so I assumed he was a fellow put upon husband. I said "Wouldn't it be nice if our wives brought US morning coffee?" He responded "James never wants to be called my wife." I had an Edith Bunker pause moment, and said "Oops -- my bad. Sorry about that." He chuckled and walked away. I wanted to say "You are the least gay looking gay guy of all time. Dude! Work out. Get some stylish neat clothes. Straight, old, cis white guys like me are allowed to look like crap -- but you guys?" Instead I made a mental note to keep my words to myself these days -- sort of expanding the "Never mention a pregnant woman's appearance to her" to essentially everyone I meet.

We made it home much faster than the drive down -- which was 4 full hours.

And then I went back on NextDOOR Pinecrest and found I had been reinstated -- but ONLY if I promised to be a good boy. So I posted that I favor cute puppies, believe that children are our future -- in short -- attempted to ape every cliched Miss America answer about her beliefs. Geez!

The great news is that the election is over this Tuesday. Mayor Joe is predicting a 3-1 victory for the Nos, and keeping our representative democracy here in Pinecrest, which has worked out quite well so far. If the Yes camp wins -- well -- it'll just prove that Trumpism has come to our privileged 'hood, and I will do...nothing.

I can't handle the rejection of another social media ban.

No comments: