Monday, May 10, 2021

They Call It Stormy Monday

 This am is the perfect Monday am for someone not needing to be anywhere -- gray and drab, with on and off rain. The downpours forced me inside after only one go around the block, 1.4 miles, and that's ok. Now I have Blues on the Sonos, my trusty herbal tea, and a couple of dogs happily snoozing nearby. It's exquisite.

Yesterday was a banner MD. I fetched the food from Joanna's, but when I got home, thought -- hey -- this is too little. Sure enough, I ordered a bagel platter for 8, and they heard, I guess 8 bagels, and so the nova and cream cheese were in short supply. No problem -- D2 and Jonathan were en route, and I called in smoked fish and cream cheese replacements -- and there was plenty to go around.

I started the day drinking before noon. A new tequila for Jonathan, martinis for Joey and me. D2 had a little prosecco. We ate, and drank, and laughed -- even when oversized puppy Betsy got ahold of an old Beanie Baby and chewed through it -- sending the plastic beans all over. I learned the Shark vacuum is indeed good -- scooped up the guts of the famous 90s toy quite well.

We retired to the family room, and put some dance music on the Sonos, and the grandson was passed from loving relative to loving relative to be danced, and lifted, and hugged. D1 put on some new sandals that flash green lights when you step down, and we all laughed watching him figuring out that each step caused the light. 

Wifey beamed -- the Queen enjoying her amazing family. I had written her a MD note that had a risque component, and luckily never got drunk enough to share it with the Ds -- nausea would have resulted.

Around 430 the grandson and his parents and aging Spaniel left for home, and D2 and Jonathan stayed. Jonathan's friend and co worker was out biking, in the 'hood, and we invited him over for some drinks. He had later MD plans with his family -- the very charming Michael enjoyed our company. 

Around 6, it occurred to me that the party was missing something, and that something was Anthony's Coal Fired pizza and wings, and so D2 ordered it to be delivered. We went back to the dining room and chowed down.

At 8 or so, the guests all left. I was thoroughly knackered, as the Brits say. 

But mission accomplished -- the mothers all had a fine time. Actually, turns out that woke culture now uses the term "birth person." I saw an ultra liberal congress chick used that word yesterday. Oy. Those of us uterus challenged will have another voice, I guess.

"I said now hey, baby, you sure been good to me." Yep -- Blues on a rainy Monday. Not too shabby...

No comments: