Thursday, March 26, 2020

Looking at Positives

The tensosity continues to slowly boil up, like water in a pot on a weak electric stove. Ugh. Even the metaphors are getting tired...

I do enjoy the walks each day -- I try to do at least 2 miles -- some days, three. And, I'm experiencing something that NEVER happens -- a diminished appetite. Even when I'm sick, I'm typically hungry, but the anxiety is keeping my desire for food down. The last time I recall this happening for any length of time was when my Dad died -- back in '82. Of course then, I weighed 160. These days I can surely stand to lose some weight -- just wish it didn't take the plague to do it.

But, as I walked yesterday, I had just watched the news about NYC, and I was so very thankful D2 and Jonathan were no longer living there. It's truly impossible to "socially distance" in that packed in city, even in the upscale area of Greenwich Village where they lived. In the Grove, they take Betsy for walks, and there is plenty of room, thankfully

Last night the City of Miami started a curfew -- walks are only supposed to be close to your residence. Fortunately they walk Betsy right across the street -- so any post 10 pm needs to go ought to be ok.

D1 walks our grandson to the Bay -- but never after 10, so her routine should be ok, too.

And, most comforting, I read an article in Atlantic last night that your chances of contracting the Trump virus from delivered food are essentially nil. The real risk is to the delivery people who have contact with multiple customers. It's really safest for them to have hands free meetings -- just leave the food and go.

Some malaise is setting in here at Villa Wifey. We planned to go fetch either lunch or dinner from a local place. But Wifey was firmly ensconced in her recliner -- so I sauteed up some tomatoes, and made her a scrambled egg hash, with a toasted English muffin. I had the same, and then that was it for me. That lowered appetite...

I plan to schedule more virtual happy hours. We have a Full Squad one set for Saturday. D2 and Jonathan have a Friday evening FaceTime birthday party for their dear friend Ashley, in SF. She's one of the 4 Yellow House girls -- UF students who lived together for two years in a house that was...yellow. I was so happy to hear that -- Ali lives in NYC and is married to Blake, who, since the great Key and Peele skit I call B-lackey, Catherine lives in Atlanta and is married to Jacob, and Ashley lives in SF with her man Kyle. All eight of them are Gators who have been friends since they were teens -- D2 and Cath met in Middle School. I may have a drink myself Friday as well -- toasting the young ones...

So yes -- even though we're physically apart, it brings me comfort having the Ds in the same County. And someday, Big Man willing, we will party together, dogs and all, again...

No comments: