Thursday, October 3, 2019

More Family Meals

So Monday we had another RH feast at Jonathan's parents' house, up in Aventura. D1 and Joey met us there, and Jonathan's NYC sister and brother in law were in attendance, as well as his Uncle Ronni, and La Reina de la familia, Judy.

It was lovely. It was warm. Jonathan's brother in law Yoni was celebrating his birthday, and everyone sand a traditional Venezuelan song -- my Colombian son in law Joey was as perplexed as we were -- regional Hispanic differences...

On the way to the car, where we took storage possession of D1's wedding dress, Joey reminded us that the coming Friday was "our turn." Joey has started a wonderful routine -- each Friday night they switch off dinners with his parents and Wifey and me. I thought maybe they had enough of us lately -- but no -- tomorrow we're all going up to the MiMo Vagabond Motel, a renovated place on Biscayne, where a favorite Greek place, Mandolin, has opened a second location.

We'll fetch D2 in the Grove. Jonathan may have to meet us later - money never sleeps. We were at the last restaurant the Vagabond featured -- the location is great. In the late 50s the place was a Rat Pack hangout -- when the boys would head to the main land after playing on Miami Beach, and the Vagabond was restored to that great era. There are plenty of pix of Frank, and Sammy, and Peter. I really dig the vibe, as they used to say.

Two women in this world can get me to do basically anything -- the Ds. I've been working out religiously twice per week, after the Ds had an intervention with me -- but D2 wants me to up my game. She suggested I add a third session -- on weekends -- and to get me to do it, she is participating. So this Saturday she will drive over, and we'll meet the guru Enrique. I'd rather drink coffee and read the paper, but D2 is right -- I need to move even more.

After Enrique beats us up, I need to get ready for the Canes -- we host Va Tech in a battle of formerly relevant teams. Still, the tailgates remain VERY relevant, and Mirta is my date this week. We'll leave around noon, and party until the kickoff at 3:30.

My nephew of another brother Scott is bringing his lady friend from D.C. -- he wants her to experience a big part of his youth. Samantha likes sports. Hopefully she likes a lot of inebriated older folks, too. We look most forward to hosting her.

It's been a busy work week -- I put in a good amount of time helping Stuart get some cases closed. Wifey has had zero problem spending money buying all new furniture, so I have motivation to keep making money. Ah -- the lot of the mule...

But that's ok. I am the luckiest SOB I know, and now with both Ds back in the 305, and their awesome men -- well my cup runneth over.

And more and more family meals. That's as great as it gets...

No comments: