Sunday, September 29, 2019

Good Ol Rosh Hashanah, Bells Are Ringing Everywhere

So Wifey was moving boxes around yesterday and strained her back, and so decided we'd put off a visit to her ancient mother.  I went out front to enjoy my newly repaired pond waterfall, and decided to call Dr. Barry to with him L' shana tova.

He was on his way to FLL with Donna, to fetch Scott, coming in to celebrate with his family. They were going to head to Austin Burke, the very old men's clothier in Wynwood so Scott could buy some wedding suits . I asked what they were doing after. Dinner, of course. Did they want to meet Wifey and me? They did, and Scott remembered tales of Kon Chau, the dim sum place on Bird Road.

So Wifey rallied up from the recliner, and we met there, and had an erev RH Chinese feast. It was great catching up with Scott -- his job in D.C. and the adventures of his fellow journalist girlfriend Sam. He's bringing her back to Miami next week, so she can experience a tailgate party at the Va Tech game. I hope she doesn't leave him afterwards...Nah. She'll love it, I'm sure.

D2 texted -- could we come earlier and bring the patio chairs? Wifey ordered 4 chairs by mistake, and Amazon was supposed to pick them up, but bungled the affair, still giving Wifey a refund. So D2 and Jonathan now have them coming to their huge Grove balcony.

D1 explained to her sister the great activity of "shopping at Villa Wifey." Wifey tends to overbuy supplies, and for years now, D1 lightens our storage load when she visits. D2 sees the value of doing the same -- I love it, of course...

Our garage is now stuffed with crap Wifey bought for the decorating project. I would have like to seen her purge the house first, rather than add to the stuff we have, but she promised to "get to that" afterwards.

As Barry and I accept, we are merely the mules of our family -- carrying the total financial burden, with little say about how the money actually gets wasted...um, spent. Such is our lot in life...

But that's ok. Mules get carrots once in awhile.

I took my early constitutional, as the weather is mercifully breaking a bit cooler. I took the strange rescue dog with me, and she enjoyed it immensely. I saw exactly one other human during the 1.1 miles, and zero cars on the road. It's a reason I love living where I do...

So in a few hours I'll load the chairs into the SUV, and head to D2's. She promised me a pre game drink on the balcony for my efforts -- and then it's off to D1's suegros.

We have so much to be thankful for, and we will so thank the Big Man...

As I sit typing this am, smooth jazz is playing in the background. My second cup of coffee brews.

Yes -- good 'ol Rosh Hashanah, indeed.

No comments: