Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Seeing Results

So yesterday I had my old school-type annual physical exam. Wifey and I pay a yearly fee to be members of MDVIP, which essentially gives us the level of medical care everyone used to get in like the 70s. In other words, a doctor we can call, appointments the next day, blood draws without having to go to a lab, etc...

And one of the things they do is take like 6 vials of blood and give you absurd amounts of information -- the Cleveland Clinic does it.

So yesterday I wandered over to Dr. Mary, and had my 2.5 hour exam. The EKG was fine, as were my hearing and vision tests. Neuro -- good. My lung capacity was ABOVE average. But the best part:  all of the blood markers for pre diabetes and inflammation were in the LOW risk category. Turns out the exercise had actual, objective benefits.

Of course, the warranty, such as it is, is only for one year. That means the predictors of my low risk of dropping only last for a year. And, of course, the physical findings do not take into account such things as being hit by a truck, or being in a group where a loser psychopath decides to start shooting...

Still, it was good news, and I shared it with Enrique, my training guru. He was very happy to hear.

So I plan to keep it up, and try to stick around awhile.

Last evening, Stuart called -- he was signing up a new client who was referred to us. It was out kind of case-- commercial truck totally at fault caused a crash. He was in the 'hood, and so we met for dinner at Shula's.

We sat at the bar and were taken care of by Melissa, the young bartender who has been at Shula's for years. Stuart and I toasted his daughter, who had a Bat Mitzvah the past Saturday, and we toasted to our lives -- just the exquisiteness of being around.

The Canes had played, and won big over a Texas team. Coach L was at Shula's, as he is many post games. I walked to his table and congratulated him. He wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.

I plan to keep giving Thanks. Good news with the blood tests is a fine way to start.

No comments: