Friday, November 16, 2018

Like A Breath of Fresh Air

I think it's been about 7 months since Miami temperatures have dropped to the 60s. I'm not complaining, of course, as I love living in the Tropics, but it's still a lovely change when it cools off. This morning, as I write, it's a lovely 61 degrees in Pinecrest.

Last night it was transitioning from muggy to lovely, and I cooled down our upstairs bedroom, but then realized it was cooler outside than inside. I shut off the A/C and opened the windows, as cool night air blew through. I slept the sleep of kings.

I chatted with both Ds last night, and we're all excited about the upcoming week. D1 got some nice news: her biggest client renewed her for another year. The client made the news by unveiling a new design for their uniforms, with no mention of D1, but for us it means I 'll keep cheering for them, even when they play my childhood team.

D1 called while trudging through sleet in Hoboken, on her way to the train that takes her home. She'd prefer classic Miami heat for her trip -- and it's slated to warm up a bit next week, but is thrilled to get out of the early wintry weather.

I'm headed to the office today. We actually had a few nice cases come in, and I get involved in their early set up and strategy. I also like to remind the folks that we don't get paid until the case ends, so maybe the correct way to handle them is to prosecute them aggressively.

It should be a quiet weekend, though we'll probably host Paul and Alex and Alex's two kids, and then the Canes are on TV. Sunday I'll visit ancient Suegra with Wifey. We're going to bring her over for TDay, though last time we took her out of the Palace things got dicey fast -- she made a scene while stopping for a bathroom break, and I had to convince nice bystanders that she would be fine -- no need to call 911.

We'll see -- the Palace is close enough that I can return her there if TDay proves to be too much for her, but I have a feeling she'll be so overjoyed being with her daughter and beloved grandkids that she'll be ok.

All I know is, I thank the Big Man for my family's doing well, and we even get an official feast in six days to raise our glasses with our close ones to do it together. And for today, well, the exquisite weather is a fitting prelude.

No comments: