Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ready For Autumn Chill

So I planned to take the weird rescue dog out for a very early morning walki, but instead coffee, cereal and yogurt, and the Herald called to me. So I left around 9 am. It had just rained, and now the sun was out. I thought it would be pleasant out. Not so fast! The rising sun and the fallen rain turned the weather into VERY hot and humid conditions. The dog and I slogged through. Despite blue skies, it was muggy --Africa muggy. I'm ready for a chnge. Luckily, thanks to the modern inventions of jet travel and the state of Vermont, relief is near. Wifey and I are leaving in 8 days -- 3 nights in NYC, and then a quick flight to Burlington. From there, a ahort drive to Stowe, and 4 days and nights of COOL... We're going with Eric, Dana, Edna, and Marc. Eric and Marc love to take photos -- we always joke about lens envy --which man has the longer telephoto. We have visits to local restaurants planned, and, hopefully, blissful walks in the woods of Stowe. Fall is the only season I miss living here in the Tropics. And it awaits -- just 8 days away. Meanwhile, a double football weekend awaits this very weekend. Saturday night the Canes play -- arguably the worst team they've faced in 34 years. They're playing Savannah State -- a small black college from Georgia, and are favored to win by 60 points. I plan to stay for a half -- long enough to sober up from the tailgate libations. Then, Sunday, my new friend from the Caned AD office has offered 2 tickets to the UM skybox for Dolphins-Falcons. that ought to be a better game. and the box is cool --cool is the word for me these days, as Fall starts in 2.

No comments: