Sunday, March 7, 2010

Basketball Jones

So I had plans to see the Canes play their last game of the year, to celebrate Dr. Barry's boy's 12 year birthday. Then Friday, my banker friend Carole called, with 3 Heat tickets for Saturday night.

The D2 really enjoy Heat games, to see and be seen, especially on a Saturday night, and especially with Carol's bank's 5th row courtside seats. So I agreed. Wifey was a little disappointed she couldn't go, too, as she enjoyed the game last year: "That Wade is SOOOOO sneaky."

I met Carole at the Canes game, to get the Heat tickets, and she invited Barry, Josh, and I to her bank's skybox! Wow. Her Seminoles won a close game, but Barry and I were at least a bit anesthetized by 2 Heinekens.

Afterwards, we left for 5 Guys, where we met Jim and his adorable 5 year old Jake. Jim, a numbers guy even though he's a lawyer by training, immediately realized it was 5 guys at "Five Guys." We ate, laughed, and Jim (Dolphins) and Barry (Jets) ground each other about each other's teams: "Fins resigned that Hall of Famer Pennington, Jim --how exciting is THAT?"

It was an exquisite afternoon to me, who, as much as I adore my Ds, enjoys a day with some borrowed sons, too.

And then on to the Heat, with the Ds. Carole joked that she was replacing Wifey. I answered that as long as she gets all these prime sports tickets, we might work something out.

The D2 had a blast! It was a close game, and D Wade took it over for the home team. Even a non basketball fan (like Wifey) can appreciate watching him play. He's the best, in my opinion, since Jordan.

D1's old dance group, Jill Mallory, performed pre game, and she reunited with her old teacher, Miss Kim. She loved it.

I was a tad more interested in the Heat Dancers, a group of, um, non appearance challenged young women.

I dropped D1 off at a friend's in Coral Gables, and D2 and I headed for home. D2 is still sleeping, and I'm taking D1 out for a bit of "retail therapy" to combat the pressure of her last college semester.

I'm DONE with basketball for the year.

The Canes football team is in Spring practice. Bring THEM on.

No comments: