Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Last Week of the Year

So, Daughter #1's in the Holy Land, hiking the Golan Heights, and relaxing in hot springs. She called to say that she walked for 2.5 hours and forded a stream. She spoke like she climbed Everest.

She likes it, but so far no thoughts about moving there forever, which is a common Birth Right sentiment. I have a feeling she's going to enjoy the cities Jerusalem and Tel Aviv more. We'll see...

The big news with Daughter #2 is a consideration about changing high schools. Every time I hear about an incident with some of the trouble kids, I always jokingly say "That's it --we're sending you to Ransom." Ransom is probably the best high school in the state, and it also costs $23,000 per year.

Anyway, last week, 3 arrests were made in a horrible car jacking case in Homestead, where a young woman sleeping in the back seat of a car was killed after the car jacker, running from police, crashed head on into a tanker truck. The car jacker was killed, but his 3 accomplices were "students" at Daughter #2's school.

Of course, these types of kids are in different classes, but I mentioned Ransom again. We're at least going to explore it this time. Daughter #2 thinks it might be sort of cool to make some new friends, and try something new, even at a "snooty school." We'll see...

We're closing the office next week, so I look forward to "chillin'" as my daughters say, and maybe having some picnics in the park. #1 is due back from Israel late Thursday night, and then has another week here before returning to UF.

Wifey's birthday is Christmas day, and I'm having a hard time accepting this "wife in the 50s" thing. I mean, aren't I still about 24????

So, here's to a nice, soft, and slow end of 2007. I'm off to the West Coast tomorrow for some depos, and then back home Saturday.

Life goes on...

No comments: