Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another Sunday Afternoon

So I came home from a West Coast business trip to turmoil. I had told Wifey that I wanted nothing further to do with one of her friends, after the friend embarrassed me terribly by taking advantage of a professional I had referred her to. Wifey agreed, but handled the situation rather inartfully, which led to a fight.

The undercurrent was that she was more concerned about this acquaintance's feelings than mine, and I became prickly about that. We made up, though, and I went off to breakfast with a former business associate.

I asked the associate how he was doing. He told me awful. I'd have felt bad for him, except for the fact that he drove to breakfast in a brand new $70,000.00 car, an addition to the over $500,000.00 worth of cars that he owns. I guess I really DO have a naive face, and people assume they can B.S. me. Oh well..

Now wifey's getting ready to continue her birthday celebration. Tuesday night I took her and 4 friends to see "My Fair LAdy." Now she's going with 8 others to have lunch, and then dessert at Jeannette's. Her girlfriends really love and treasure her, that's for sure.

I'll decamp to the sofa to watch a meaningless Dolphins' game. Maybe I'll read a bit, too.

Boring is good, I've found.

No comments: