Sunday, August 15, 2021

Pythons And Rain And A Lovely Family Evening

 So TS Fred missed, which meant we ended up postponing our family trip to Key Largo for nothing. That's ok -- we're on for Thursday, and hopefully a new TS leaves us alone.

Meanwhile, Friday I made my second trip to Aventura to meet Dr. Barry and his boy Josh for breakfast. We were in Paul's back yard, and invited him as well, and the 4 non diminutive men had a terrific 2 hour breakfast and philosophy session. We decided we needed to walk afterwards, and repaired to Williams Island, where Paul led us on a tour of his lovely island home -- passing yachts that looked capable of easily crossing the Pacific. It was a terrific day for all of us.

Yesterday D2 and Jonathan drove back to Aventura -- somehow that City with many synagogues and zero churches has been prominent in our schedules lately - to have a farewell visit with Jonathan's sister, brother in law, and beautiful baby niece before they head back to Riverdale.

Wifey and I headed to Casa D1 and Joey, and were treated to a delightful time with our absurdly adorable and funny grandson.

I ordered in from the Palm, and D2 and Jonathan fetched it on the way over, with D2 amazed that the cost for the 6 meals was about my weekly salary when I began work as a young lawyer. Hey -- good beef costs money!

Joey and Jonathan and I ate comically large portions of prime rib and NY Strip -- the ladies the more modest salmon -- and we enjoyed the time immensely. Joey poured fine cocktails.

They put the little man to bed, and the Ds made MUCH fun of Wifey, in a loving, sweet way. Wifey HAS become more, well, eccentric over the years, and she takes the ribbing well. She knows it comes from a place of love and knows she really DOES need to eat healthier and exercise more if she wishes to be around for the milestones to come in our family.

We left around 9, and it was a mission to get home, as the locals say. The rain poured, lightning struck, and the drive was a challenge -- but thankfully D2 and Jonathan's Jeep made it back first, followed by Wifey and me in the little girlie Lexus sedan.

As I write, Wifey is asleep upstairs, and the young roommates (D2 started a text group called "Pinecrest Roomies") are sleeping in, too.

Their enormous puppy is curled up next to me, and the little dogs are asleep in their various beds. 

It's easy, like Sunday morning ought to be.

The plague continues to surge, and I'm just hoping the predictions that the numbers will fall even quicker than they rose come to pass.

I truly hope I'll be able to get back to my beloved Canes games and their tailgates next month. The way things stand now, I'll be giving up the tickets. Hopefully we can return to the way things were in June and early July, where Covid seemed on the run.

Either way -- I'm a very blessed and lucky man in the USA. And I never forget it.

No comments: