Thursday, August 12, 2021

Postponed Trip

 So with Fred brewing, we decided maybe it best to put off the Full Squad trip. At best, it'd be nasty weather in Key Largo -- so why not?

I called and the friendly desk person said we were already in the cancellation period, so no changes without paying for 3 room nights. But wait, I said -- what about the coming storm? Nah -- their policy was you could reschedule for hurricane warnings and watches, but not mere tropical storms.

Really? I told her maybe extreme sports types wanted to go to a beach resort in a tropical storm, but not this sedentary guy and his family. She checked with the manager -- we're allowed to come the following week.

So I rescheduled the Friday Zoom, and have to order my meatloaf now. That's ok.

The Plague continues to be front page news -- tales that are all sounding the same -- vaxxed with breakthrough infections, who do well, and unvaxxed in the hospital or dying.

I haven't heard from my friend the unvaxxed cop in a few days. I'll check in on him later.

Instead of gearing up for a road trip -- another Thursday. Jonathan left for work -- D2 and Betsy will work in the library. Wifey is headed to see the grandson later. I'll keep busy managing investments and maybe doing a bit of phone legal work.

When my Dad was asked "What's new?," he'd often respond "Nothing -- the way I like it."

And so it is.

No comments: