Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Back to the Quotidian

 It's nice to settle back to normalcy after a big weekend. D2 and Jonathan are happily ensconced her, and it's lovely to have some young-uns and their enormous puppy.

Normally Wifey wouldn't DREAM of having anyone else stay here, unless it is her BFF Edna and her man Marc. They're coming tomorrow for two nights, before heading home to Atlanta. The benefit to me is that Wifey is finally cleaning out the upstairs guest room, a space that has acted as a disorganized storage facility for many years.

I was up early to see Nurse Nancy for my 6 month blood draw. They check my levels twice a year to make sure the cholesterol lowering meds aren't wreaking other havoc. Also, have to check that old man marker, the PSA. Big Man willing, all will be fine.

Nancy and Doc Cross wanted to see pix of the grandson, and I complied. Also, Nancy was all happy about a lovely hydration bottle from D1 -- a thank you for a client referral.

I came home to see D2 working out to a Peloton video. Their actual machine is in storage until they move. Vienna and Bo are sitting on the couch watching. Betsy thinks she needs to participate, which she does by interfering with D2's balance exercises and stealing the smaller weights.

Covid is surging again, thanks to the idiot anti vaxxers amongst us. The good news is that even breakthrough infections are tending to be mild. Dr. Barry shared the news that 95% of the patients are unvaxxed, and the other 5% mostly have issues like transplant meds.

It's amazing. Our country defeated the Nazis and Japanese when my parents were young. Now we can't even be bothered, many of us, to take a damned shot in the arm, to end a terrible threat. I hope my grandson's generation can make things better. As of now, it's tough to be optimistic.

I have a few miles of walking ahead of me. D2 put on the press for next level, and Saturday we'll both meet with Enrique my fitness guru, to resume some private training. Jonathan wants to join us, but he has to travel for business.

We spoke with Enrique yesterday, and his business is doing wonderfully. I'm thrilled for him -- he and his partner have put so much into their business. He told us he was phasing out of actual training -- he has a nice stable of folks to do that  -- he's all administrative. But he digs us, and will give us a few sessions.

As for the rest of the Summer -- in two Saturdays, we have a wedding, and I've been asked to perform it. Jonathan will translate. It'll be a ton of fun.

In mid August, we have a family vacation to Ocean Reef -- thanks to D1. It's a private Club, and she can get us rooms at the hotel since they're clients of hers. It'll be lovely to hang with the little man for several days -- and maybe some cocktails after we put him to bed at night.

So life moves along nicely. The everyday is the sacred. I never forget that.

No comments: