Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Is That A Hint Of Less Humidity?

So it's October, and still hot and humid as hell. This is the time of year where I'm ready for some cooler temperatures. I almost felt the smallest of breezes at lunch today, as we walked to the cafeteria in the next building. I checked my phone thermometer -- it was 85, and "felt like" 92. Yesterday the "felt like" value was high 90s -- maybe there is a change in the air.

Wifey is making plans to head out of the heat. She's heading to Atlanta on the 15th for three days with bff Edna, and then Elizabeth will join them, from Orlando. The three ladies will then drive to western North Carolina for some leaf peeping. I will watch the dogs.

It seems that about every fifth year, there is lovely weather around Halloween. After Hurricane Wilma, in '04, it was lovely. We were without power for awhile, and the sleeping sans A/C was just fine. I'm guessing we won't get that this year.

Wifey is due home on the 25th, and then we leave the next day for LGA. D1 and Joey will go before us, to stay with D2 and Jonathan, and I'll fetch everyone and drive up to the Hudson River Valley. We booked a family trip to Mohonk Mountain House, a resort I've been to and loved. There'll be hiking, and eating, and drinking, and time on the huge porch rocking chairs for some Fall reading.  I guess I'll get my cooler weather then.

Mean time, the tree trimmers are hard at work. Every two years or so they come for a few days and cut back the growth -- I like to keep stuff from our roof, lest animals find a way into the attic. Also, the pool man appreciates when the oak stops dropping many leaves into the pool.  It's the joy of homeownership...

Big game week for the Canes -- we play FSU Saturday afternoon. The Canes are heavily favored, but somehow those games are always close. Mirta is due over Saturday at 11, and we'll head to the stadium early for a major tailgate party. Paul's boy Alex is turning 40, and we plan to celebrate that major milestone there. A Canes victory would be nice, too...

So Fall is here in the Tropics. It's a nice time -- the cooler temps will come and make it it better...

No comments: