Friday, December 29, 2017

The E Death Fallout Continues

In the same way most folks accumulate possessions, I've now realized that I gather many places I've used my long time email address.  And I guess the fallout will continue for a long time.

A few days ago, I decided to donate two Club seats I had bought to the Orange Bowl to my Rabbi friend.  He was appreciative -- he'd sell the tickets and use the proceeds for the Friendship Circle -- a great program that pairs Shul kids with mentally challenged kids in the community, mostly autistic, and benefits both groups.

I dropped off the tickets I had printed.  Rabbi gave them to his ticket guru friend Ron to sell them.  But, to put them on StubHub, you needed the PDF from the OB Committee.  No problem, I said.  But there was -- the PDF was in my old, inaccessible email account.  So it will be tough to sell the tickets -- Rabbi might just take his Gator Law son to the game, which will be good for both -- attending a Canes game can be a religious experience.

Yesterday, Dr. Barry toiled in his ICU, and his wife and two boys came to our breakfast place, LOL, for a late birthday breakfast for Scott.  Scott likes to keep things low key, so of course I made a big deal to Lori, our waitress, that he turned 21.  Lori brought over a slice of chocolate cake with a candle, and some staff, and we loudly sang to this awesome young man.

Afterwards, his brother Josh, the tech wizard, came over and helped restore some of our electronic life.  But alas, AOL is inscrutable, and incompetent.  They simply won't respond to our entreaties to unblock our accounts. I'm developing malevolent thoughts towards that company...

The Ds had a superb sister bonding day.  D2 and D1 and Joey went to D1's beach club, SoHo House, and enjoyed the day.  Jonathan was missing -- he had to catch up on work from his parents' place in Aventura.  They're enjoying having their boy home, I know.

D1 and Joey have a signed contract for a new house, near Shorecrest in Miami's Upper East Side.  Joey is wildly excited -- he goes by each day to photograph the progress, which so far is some holes in the ground with steel rebar.  They're hoping to welcome 2019 in their new home -- I bet it happens.

Today Paul and I will meet our comptroller/brother in law Dennis for our annual end of the year meeting, which will consist of some playing of the horses and lunch at Gulfstream.  Paul's buddy Lou will be there -- a man who loves the horses like I love the Hurricanes.

The last three visits to Gulfstream, I haven't won one single race.  My luck has been comically bad.  Perhaps it'll change today -- and the track will pay for our NYE celebration.

And what a weekend it'll be.  NYE eve, tomorrow, we're off to the Orange Bowl game -- Wifey and Mirta and me.  Norman has a skybox, and our Club seats will get us access to his party.  I learned yesterday that Dr. Barry indeed bought tickets, and hopefully we can coordinate with him and his family as well.

Sunday I'll be picking up some stone crabs and champagne.  Norman and Deb and Mike and Loni are coming over late -- around 9 - and it'll be our goal to stay awake until midnight to ring in 2018.

18 is a lucky number in the Jewish tradition -- it stands for "Chai," or life.  I'm hoping that proves true, for all of us this year.

I hope our actual lives are grand -- great health, and laughter.  I'm adapting to the death of my former E life pretty well...

No comments: