Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Heat and the Ladies

Wonders never cease. Wifey has become a huge Miami Heat fan. I like basketball, and watch when the Heat are in the playoffs, but she watches EVERY game, and has even begun listening to sports radio, and reading the Herald Sports section. As Lurch used to say: "HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHHU." So last night, D2 told us boyfriend Jonathan was coming to our house to watch, and my friend and neighbor Pat called to say he was watching, too, so next thing I knew, it was a watch party. Patrick came over with his terrific son, a rising high school junior, who is a true student of the game. He pointed out stuff I completely missed, and I've been watching NBA games since 1968... D2 joked that Jonathan and young Patrick caused our allotment of gingers to skyrocket... We took our places in the family room, and I started passing out beers. Some were vintage -- leftovers from Norman's fine Canes tailgate parties --but still had the necessary alcohol. We drank, and then ordered pizza, which arrived during the 4th quarter, as planned. I felt young again -- eating pizza and drinking beer late in the evening. Both were delicious. The Heat dominated the Pacers, and we all had a real good time. We watched the postgame, and then the Patrick men left for their walk home. Jonathan stayed over, and he and D2 were still sound asleep when I left this am. Meanwhile, Wifey asked if it was ok that she called me "Lebron" during marital relations. It's fine, I answered, as long as they win another title...

No comments: