Sunday, January 17, 2010

Banana Pancake Morning

We all slept in this Sunday morning, as it was gray and rainy. Wifey and I got out of bed at 930 --for me, that's the equilvalent of 2 pm!

Around 1130, D1 and D2 emerged from their dark crypts, and D2 had her friend Dani with her. I hadn't seen Dani for quite awhile, and it's great to see the beautiful young woman she's become. Like D2, she's waiting to hear from colleges.

I sprang into Daddy action, and made the ladies "Daddy PAncakes" "Daddy Eggs." There are no secret ingredients to these dishes, I just prepare them with "Daddy Love," as D1 notes. Plus, I have a nifty way of melting the banana slices...

Wifey's leaving soon for an afternoon on Miami Beach with her friends Linda and Cara. Cara seems to be adjusting to widowhood fairly well --she's back to work, and socializing.

I got my haircut Friday, and asked Dania about a mutual friend, Alyse, who was also recently widowed. She told me Alyse is seeing an old high school boyfriend. Life goes on, like a river flowing to the sea...

Speaking of high school, I just reconnected with my high school friend Debbie. Through the miracle of Facebook, I got a friend request from Ginny, Debbie's next door neighbor and best friend. I asked after Debbie, Ginny gave me her email address, and we've been communicating.

One thing struck me about our renewed correspondence. We last spoke probably over 15 years ago. Debbie asked me if I gave up being a lawyer yet, as I was complaining about it so much! A decade and a half, and I've been whining about my job!

MAybe that will light a fire under my ample tuches, to finally make a move...

Meanwhile, the rain continues outside. The Ds are firmly entrenched --D1 politely declined Wifey's invitation to spend the afternoon with the post menopausal set, opting instead for some reading and tv movies. She heads back to Gainesville tomorrow. D2 is studying her her FINAL set of MID TERM exams.

As for me: the NFL playoffs beckon. Two good friends are Jets and Cowboys fans, so I guess I have a slight rooting interest.

IF the rain stops, maybe I'll grill tonight...

No comments: