Saturday, September 5, 2020

Now THAT Was A Fine Friday

 The tensosity around these parts is definitely on the wane, and yesterday was a fine day.

After a 6.3 mile am constitutional, D1 texted that she and Joey and the baby would be stopping by to fetch their spoiled Spaniel and feed our "chubby and chill" grandson. They did, and Wifey and I played with the little feller for awhile -- he is a delight -- laughing, and already the master of many hilarious expressions. 

Wifey made him a texture box -- a box of different fabrics and materials. His Mom, D1, LOVED to play with that when she was a baby. Well, her son seemed more interested in tasting everything, and that was just fine with us. He much preferred touching the strange rescue dog, who insisted on licking his face. It was almost illegally adorable.

The young-uns left, and I walked the balance of my hoped for 10 miles per day, in a great conversation with my California sister. Her oldest, 38, has had the most challenging times lately of his life, but is hopefully poised for new, positive changes, and my sister was soaring at the possibilities. I cheered her on, of course -- she is off today with her younger son to go visit the young man. I wish them Godspeed.

After a nice, cooling pool dip, it was time for Eric and Dana's 6:30 shabbat. It's been just over a week since their matriarch, Barbra, died, and her spirit was very much with all of us. We said kaddish at the end of the meeting. Eric and Dana's kids and kids in law and lovely granddaughter were over for an early dinner, and it was nice to see them all gathered.

I jumped off to host my Zoom, and folks were late arriving, but D2 FaceTimed me from the park, as the enormous puppy Betsy was fetching a ball. Eric, Dana, Josh and Ales joined the Zoom, and D2 and Betsy took part via FaceTime. It was lovely to do as I sipped my Stoli Elit and tonic.

Barry joined the Zoom from his commute home, and the three stooges of UM and Dana and Wifey all laughed a lot and talked of times old and to come, making good natured fun of the parents of today, our daughters, and how they're, well, a bit "more involved" than we were. And we thought we were over protective then...

The Zoom ended, and Wifey and I watched the Heat -- it was late in the third quarter. They were down, big, and I told Wifey they would surely lose. Ha. As if. Jimmy Butler took over again, and they rallied to win by 15. The series is now 3-0, and no NBA team has ever lost when up 3-0. It seems the Heat is headed to the Eastern Finals.

We FaceTimed D2 and Jonathan. The Heat is to Jonathan as the Canes are to me. He was flying -- promising to name any first born sons after Heat stars. I totally got it.

Then Josh G FaceTimed -- home from work, and pouring a cocktail for himself and Dr. Barry. We chatted with him awhile -- Donna was headed out for a Dunkin coffee run. Wifey was jealous -- she wanted a donut and decaf, too...

We all said goodnight, and I went to sleep very buzzed and happy. With more Fridays like yesterday, surviving the plague is quite do-able --even enjoyable.

No comments: