Monday, November 14, 2016

Trumped Out

So even though the election was over nearly a week ago, the Lefties can't just, as the "Frozen" song advises, let it go...Conversations and FaceBook (tm) posts continue to lament the coming misery.  As my Cuban friends say, for me, at least: Basta!

The Dems ran a deeply flawed candidate, minorities voted for her, but not nearly enough, and the so called millennials left their videogames and voted least of all.  And now the millennials, of course, protest the loudest -- shouting the refrain I taught my Ds I don't want to hear, since they were about 4 years old "It's not FAIR!"

The Ds got sick of my saying it, but LIFE is not fair. The smartest often loses, and the best gets put in the dustbin of history. But this Trump victory was eminently fair -- he won more states than did the heroine of the post menopausal set...

I watched a video of SNL -- the great comedian Dave Chappelle was the guest.  He said of Trump, essentially, he's sitting this one out. His friends claim they're leaving the US -- is he coming? Nah, he said, as a rich dude, he plans to stay right here, and see how those tax cuts affect him...

Meanwhile, closer to home, we had a banner weekend. Friday night we met more of D1's fiance Joey's family -- and instantly grew close.  I really look forward to hosting them and more at the Big Fat Colombian wedding -- now looking more like 300 than 250.

Saturday I ambled over to Mike's -- walked around to his back yard and plopped myself down in his in-home Molokai Bar.  Mike made Hurricanes, and brought in what I call Hate Chicken -- from Chick-Fil-Et.  I call it that since the owner is a well known anti gay marriage guy. But the chicken is so delicious -- we force ourselves to eat it, anyway.

Paul and Darriel were there, and we laughed and caught up and the Canes won big.  A cool breeze blew through Mike's lean to creation, and we had a great time.

Saturday night we took the girlie Caddy to Miami Beach -- Wifey's friend Cara threw herself a 70th birthday bash at Avanti -- her go-to Italian place across from Mt. Sinai Hospital.  The drinks poured freely, and Wifey caught up with old friends from the flower industry.  I sat next one of Cara's friends -- a semi retired fashion exec, who founded and ran Forum Shops.  She was an FIT grad, and looked about my sisters' age, and I kept asking when she attended, but she wouldn't tell me.  She was trying to pass for 50s, but since she and Cara went to high school together, I kind of figured things out...but it was still nice to chat, and share tales of raising now grown kids.

Wifey drove home, and couldn't quite follow my three martini directions, so we ended up going home via first Doral, and finally through Westchester, South Miami, Coral Gables, and finally, Pinecrest.  I wondered what Red Road looks like at 12:30 on a Sunday morning, and now I know...

Yesterday I was enjoying the great weather, and allowed Wifey to have a quality time Mom/Daughter day without a pesky son in law. I stayed home and watched the Fins, who ended up playing a great game and beating the Chargers.

Weekends where Canes and Fins win used to be a common thing here, but over the past 8 years or so, no longer are. But, sure enough, the past two weekends have produced 4 wins...

Trump promised to "Make America Great Again." I hope he does. I'm happy with making Miami football great again...

No comments: