Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring in Miami

So Spring has sprung, and the weather is lovely, albeit a tad warm. But that will change tomorrow, as a front is coming in to give us, maybe, the last cool evenings of the season. Meanwhile, D1 is visiting friends in Chicago, where it's 21 degrees and snowing! She's been having a great time --visiting with 6 different friends, from Palmetto and'or UF who now live in the Second City. D1 loves the place, but can't understand living in cold weather. None of us in our family can. Wifey, hearing about her 4 mile walk from friend Elizabeth's apartment to the Art Institute, asked, in wonder "You walked in that cold?" as if D1 had scaled a Himalayan mountain...I got me some tropical ladies, for sure. Edna is here, dealing with the abject misery of her declining parents, and no help at all sister. She's been meeting with lawyers and social workers, and has a hearing set for Friday. She was going to leave tonight for Atlanta, but decided to just stay and get more of the paperwork done this week. Speaking of the Olds, Wifey and I are headed to MJH to visit her Dad and Mother. Wifey goes at least each week, and I'm on a bi weekly shift. We'll walk my father in law to the aviary, admire the birds, and then head to the ancient trees. Time really flies -- we celebrated my mother's 93rd birthday there coming up on a year ago. Edna is thinking seriously about movnig her father there, as well. Party! So my good friend John moved into the office yesterday, and tomorrow starts a new era in our law business. I was at a happy hour last Friday with an old friend and banker Carole, and she noted a spring in my voice and attitude about the firm she remembered from years back. I guess I am excited about this new cast of fraternity characters, and making some money together while we share laughs... John's a retired USAF pilot, and will bring some military protocols and procedures to our shop -- something we need badly. But he's not immune to fun, either -- we've had our share in the nearly 30 years we've been friends. So here's to a new law business! Spring is, at least in non tropical climates, the time for re-birth. Maybe that'll happen with my career...

No comments: