Sunday, March 9, 2014

Rare Biz Trip

So I find myself at the Potbelly Sandwich Works at Thurgood Marshall International Airport, on my way home to the 305 after a rare business trip. It was ok...met with an expert,and took him to dinner, and had time today to walk around Baltimore a bit in chilly but sunny late winter weather. I sat by the civil war ship Constellation, and hummed Otis Redding. I ate some crab cakes, and reminded myself that's a food that always sounds better than it is. As usual, I'm way early for my flight, and there's no Admirals Club here at BWI. But, there is a NY Times, courtesy of the Kimpton hotel. I'm thinking about my friend Nor,an, who still travels for legal business constantly, and I'm not sure how. Even flying First Class and staying in nice hotels, it got old fast for me, and it must for him, too. Speaking of traveling...D2 is on her way back to Gville after her last undergrad Spring Break. We all attended D1s apartment warming party Friday,and it was lovely. D1s new roomie Lauren is terrific...ad exec from Broward, with a bunch of very nice and cool friends. The spoiled grand dog Madeleine greeted the guests with a wagging tail...she approves of Lauren,too. So it's back to the 305 for me...it's a fine thing to go home, even after just a short trip.

No comments: