Friday, October 29, 2010

Enough with the heat already

It's nearly the end of October, and I'm completely over the heat. Both the weather and the team...

Every 5 years or so, it gets cool by now. In '05, Hurrricane Wilma was here, and knocked out our power for awhile, but the weather was gorgeous. I sent Wifey and the Ds to Atlanta to live with electricity, but I was comfortable at night in the cool weather.

Honey the Lab and I would wake together at sunrise, and I'd make coffee (we have a gas stovetop which can be started without electric) and then read the Herald. It was lovely...

Not this year! It's hot and muggy, and is slated to stay that way for awhile.

We're hosting a reunion party Thursday night, for folks who lived in the Honors Dorm in the 70s and 80s. I was hoping to have it indoors/outdoors, with a fire going in my 2 pits, but it looks like instead we'll be inside in the AC...

I'm also over the other Heat --the basketball team. I really don't like pro basketball, and only paid real attention when the Heat won the title a few years back.

Now, of course, they have LeBron James, Chris Bosch, and Dwayne Wade, and everyone expects them to glide to a championship. I watched them lose their first game, at Boston, and now I'm done for the season.

I'll get tickets from some banker friends, since the Ds and Wifey want to go see all the hoopla, but if I only visit the AAA for a Springsteen show, that's fine with me...

No comments: