Sunday, October 10, 2010

Enough Already, About the Vacation!

So after a rainy stay in Kennebunkport, at an overrated and overpriced inn, we set out for Boston.

The highlight was stopping in a driving rain at a lighthouse, and Eric insisting on getting photos. We stood in storm, like Ahab after the whale, and took his shots.
Wifey, Dana, and I stayed in the van, amazed and amused.

He got his shots, but realized that the rain on the lens was a problem. We left for Boston.

We got to Boston, determined to find pizza. The Boston traffic was awful, and we settled on some flat bread with tomato paste at restaurant. We checked into the Commonwealth, which was a great hotel.

Our room looked out at Fenway Park, so we felt in the middle of it all. We had bagels in Brookline, and then went to Cambridge, to see the Asians at Harvard.

The last night we went to the North End, and ate at an overpriced, not too great Italian place. I ordered a martini, and the waiter looked at me like I was the dumbest human he ever encountered. He got nastier after that...

The final day Wifey and I walked Newberry Street, in brilliant Fall sunshine. We met up with Eric and Dana, and flew home to the 305.

It was a lovely Fall trip. As I type, my mother in law is on the phone talking at me non stop. I usually don't answer the house phone, but I did, and she goes on and on...

So, that tells me, this vacation is OVER! Back to the 80 somethings of South Florida.

Ah, for the Maine mountains...

No comments: