Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Only One Worth a Damn...

The rainy season is back. Last night it poured from sunset all through the wee morning hours, with spectacular lightning and booming thunder.

I've loved T Storms since I was a kid. I used to love to fall asleep to them; still do. The T storms are really something to behold in Miami. At about 4 this morning, a thunderclap set off our gate call box, and it woke me. As a middle aged guy with coming prostate issues, that seemed an excellent opportunity to get up to pee. As I returned to bed, I watched the lightning flash far off to the East --over Biscayne Bay, I guess. It was awesome.

I took the day off to visit the antique Mother. I took her out for breakfast. The same meal we pay $10 in Miami costs $3 in Delray Beach. The owner of Ben's Bagels and More, a woman my age with a delightful North Jersey accent, told me that if she charges even 25 cents more, the seniors stay away in droves. I ordered the More. The waitress laughed.

Afterward, I took Mom to ABC Liquors to replenish her vodka supply. She takes a strong nip each night, as a sleep aid. She only buys herself the cheapest vodka, so when I visit I buy her some flavored Absolut or Stoli. We then stopped at a card shop for some greeting cards --her friend turns 94 next weekend. I bought her 5 Lotto tickets. We're partners. If I win --this blog will disappear for awhile --until I hire a REAL writer to do it for me.

Back at the Villa, D1 started her internship with the eating disorder clinic. It's no pay, but all the meals she wants. Ha. Actually, she looks adorable in the scrubs she wears. She's really enjoying it.

D2 is trying to stay awake for the final weeks of her junior year. Since the APs are done, she's a happier camper. Not happy, but happier. (I wouldn't want to jeopardize her membership in the surly teenager club).

I have a few fire cases heating up at work. Ha, again. My partner and I are waiting for a shoe to drop with the clients whose case we settled and now are ignoring us. I'm going to the office tomorrow to deal with that, and some new issues that have cropped up.

I might as well go to the office. It's raining outside.

No comments: