Thursday, April 25, 2024

Like Grand Central Station Around Here

 Typically Wednesdays are the busy day around Villa Wifey -- our housekeeper Miriam visits, and when the landscaper comes, it tends to be Wednesdays. Not this week. It's cray cray around here.

First, Andrew Palmer Roofing came early -- to fix a thankfully small leak in the room above the garage. The helpful expert said the roof is pretty fine -- can get probably 5 more years out of it -- and the leak was caused by a back up of water over the eaves.

To make room for them, I had to move the 5 Series BMW that we've been car-sitting for. Kenny and Joelle are in Southern California, and their dog sitter needed their dedicated condo spot, so they left the car here while they're gone. I ended up driving it to my workout today, as other vehicles were clogging up the property.

After I returned, a car transporter came to fetch Wifey's old SUV, which my consuegro Ricardo sold to a company. An affable fellow came, drove the SUV onto a flatbed, and said he was headed to North Carolina. Apparently there aren't as many Lexuses there, and the price fetched is higher than in South Florida. I took a photo and said adios.

Then the landscapers came -- with my least favorite sound -- the leafblower. While they were here, Henry the car wash guy arrived -- to make like new Wifey's new older SUV -- D1's castoff.

As Henry worked, the pool guy arrived. Man -- it's been non stop.

Of course, I realize how fortunate we are to be able to afford all these services. I'm too old to do most of them anymore, and we enjoy the convenience of having them visit the house.

Oh yeah -- Insta Cart is coming soon, too. Wifey gets it from Aldi, and I order from Publix. Today is her turn.

Early this evening, I'm off to the Grove, for a fundraiser for our Public Defender, Carlos Martinez. My friends Joel and Courtney are hosting. Joel used to be a PD, and is friends with Carlos. No one will challenge him if he builds a war chest each term.

We had the same PD for decades, Bennett Brummer, an old school Jewish Liberal, and Carlos was his protege. I'm guessing Carlos isn't very conservative -- he's attending tonight with his husband.

I'll probably Uber over to the event -- nice to not have to drive, especially with an open bar. Wifey has begged off, but I'll see some old friends I haven't seen in awhile. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Saturday I have to fetch D1 in the afternoon, and we have to drive to Margate, to buy her SUV off lease. It's a legal scam -- the car companies don't register as dealers in Florida, and so the dealers use buying off lease as an excuse to charge a few hundred dollars, even though the contract doesn't state that.

I fought it off when I bought Wifey's SUV off lease in 2019. I no longer have the energy -- I'll pay JM Lexus and hopefully get 'er done. Maybe there'll be a grandson dinner afterwards.

Monday night, Rabbi Yossi and Nechama invited us for the end of Pesach. We haven't been to their new house yet, and we agreed to come. I'm hoping there'll be vodka.

And May is upon us. Wow. Fast year. They're all fast now. But mostly exquisite, too.

No comments: