Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Car Talk

 My consuegro Ricardo is truly a car maven -- he was hard at work yesterday doing the deals whereby D1 gets her new Tesla, buys her Lexus SUV from Toyota, transfers title to me, and then sells Wifey's 8 year old SUV.

We had hoped I could buy D1's vehicle, but it has to be her, so I will give the money for the payoff. She will then gift me the vehicle, lest there be double sales tax on the transaction. Florida is getting paid enough with ONE sale -- 2 is absurd.

I am also a great OCD client of my consuegro. He texted me multiple times yesterday, needing copies of documents and a LOT of pix of Wifey's aging vehicle. I complied instantly, since I had nothing else productive I had to do yesterday.

If all goes to plan, D1 will get her new vehicle, will drive to Broward to buy her old one off lease, and then transfer it to me. A rep from a dealer is coming to our house tomorrow to inspect Wifey's car. Ricardo told me to have the manual and both keys handy. Alas, Wifey lost one, is "sure it is SOMEWHERE in the house," but the buyer will get a healthy credit for our inability to keep two keys somewhere we can find them.

I am VERY OCD about car keys. I come home and go DIRECTLY to key holder, before I even pee. I have asked Wifey to do the same, but somehow it never happens -- keys end up on the driveway, lost, etc...What are ya gonna do?

In any event, this will hopefully get Wifey a car she can drive until her , well, I'm not allowed to mention her age -- but one she can drive for many more years...

Meanwhile, yesterday was a lovely one -- met D2 in South Miami for lunch, and we feasted at Cafe Pastis, a great local French place. Afterwards, we went to the chocolatier next door, and I bought her treats for her BFFs, who are coming to town this weekend -- one night at D2 and Jonathan's house, and one night on Key Biscayne.

I love the four of them together -- sisters since UF freshman days. Actually one, Catherine, and D2 met in Middle School. Now one lives in NYC, and the other two in Atlanta. I know they'll savor their grown up Spring Break.

I checked Wifey's whereabouts, and she is off the NW coast of Cuba. Wifey of the Caribbean! I shared that on the family text thread, and the Ds started riffing on imagining Wifey and her friends as actual pirates. We know one, Allison, would at least drink the rum!

And I pointed out Wifey has buried treasure -- stuff lost around the house, like jewelry and keys, she can't find. So the description is apt.

She's due back tomorrow am, but will have to do without DaveBer -- I have to hang around the house for the vehicle inspector. I think she and Jeannette, who lives in Cutler Bay, can make their way home.

So another, final, day, of bachelerhood. Alas, I have survived.


No comments: