Tuesday, September 7, 2021

So This Is 5782. And What Have You Done?

 We made the best of our RH dinner in exile last night. I poured D2 and myself some cocktails -- Ketel for me, and MacAllan for D2. Jonathan was finishing up work on his laptop, and joined us later.

I called Big Cheese, and was put on hold. I called back, and was put on hold again. Homie don't play that game, and so I called Miami's Best Pizza, a few miles away. We ordered a few pizzas, salads, meatballs, and some ziti just to be au courant. We sat in the dining room, and Jonathan said some prayers. Sinatra played on Sonos in the background. We forgot the apples and honey.

Today I plan to tune into Temple Beth David on their virtual service. My man Norman is blowing the shofar. His Dad Max is a founder of that place, which is beautiful. Several years ago I attended services there with Norman and his family, before I stopped going to services on account of I'm lazy.

Also, though it's not a RH tradition, I await a call from the appliance delivery service. After weeks in refrigerator limbo, they are due some time today to remove the old 48 cubic footer, and put in the temp unit. I joked with Jonathan this am that the old broken unit has become like the copy machine in "Office Space" -- a source of consternation. Maybe we'll get it to the driveway and attack it with baseball bats. Nah --  have a feeling it can be fixed relatively easily -- maybe it can end up giving a few more years of service, if it doesn't end up recycled for its metal somewhere.

D1 reported that the prosecco  I sent to her in laws made it, and she had a nice spritzer with their RH meal, which she appreciated. Hopefully we get to see the beautiful grandson this week, after we're given the Covid all clear.

I thought I detected the slightest hint of cooler air this am on my constitutional. It was probably just wishful thinking, but sometimes the weather does turn to the more pleasant in 8 weeks or so. That'd be lovely.

Other than that -- the plan is to just keep on keeping on. We may plan Wifey and my first plane trip since I flew to NYC in December of '19. We're thinking of going to LA in October. Paul's dear friend Frank is battling a tough disease, and he and Patricia are going. And, we're going to see if we can coordinate seeing my California sister, nephews, and niece. Lots of moving parts, but it'd be nice to get away -- assuming the plague is in retreat.

I'll head out to the pond later and toss in some crumbs -- symbols of my sins. Luckily it's just symbolic --otherwise the crumbs would replace the water. Hopefully the Big Man understands.

No comments: