Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Packing A Lot Of Living In

My friend Kenny noted that with the bad health scare followed by the joyous Big Ask weekend, I was sure packing in a lot of living lately. And, per usual, he's right.

I also managed to bring home an unwanted souvenir from NYC -- a lousy cold. I started feeling poorly Monday afternoon, with a fever and chills, and feared it might be flu, even though I took the vaccine. I texted Dr. Mary, and, since we have concierge medicine, she replied right away and called in a prescription for Tamiflu, which shortens the course of the disease.

Wifey fetched the scrip, and I took the first pill, which resulted in the worse insomnia and awful, jarring nightmares I ever had. By Tuesday am the fever was lighter, and I self diagnosed that it was NOT the flu -- just a nasty cold, and I stockpiled the Tamiflu for another time.

I canceled a Canes roundball date tonight with Norman, and plan to take it easy and hydrate.

Meanwhile, Stuart texted me a report from the local business paper. Fredo, the betraying lawyer and former friend, tried and lost his first case for the TV firm I call Better Call Saul. I must admit I enjoyed some schadenfreude over the news, which Norman immediately corrected to Schaden-Fredo! I'm blessed with very sharp witted friends.

Seems no one is much in the mood to work -- Christmas fast approaches. D2 and Jonathan are due in Monday night -- Noche buena, and Joel and Courtney are throwing their annual get together -- we've gone the past few years. We're letting D2 make the call about attendance -- I guess it'll depend on her arrival time.

And then the 25th, the world hangs lights, decorates trees, and sings -- in honor of Wifey's birthday. I think we're going to go see a movie and a late lunch at Merrick Park -- she'll love having both Ds here.

So we'll coast into '19 . Best time of the year.

No comments: