Friday, June 13, 2014

Every Day Is Father's Day For Me

Si it's Father's Day weekend, and this cool rocking daddy in the USA is a happy one. D1 is off in Park City, Utah, with old friends from the 305 now living around the country. Her buddy Hannah's family owns a gorgeous house in the mountains, and D1 is out of the heat and hiking and laughing. D2 is stuck here, and all Father's Day responsibilities fall upon her...Ha. Wifey made reservations at the Red Fish Grill for an early dinner, so the three of us will go and eat some seafood and talk to my Mom and Dad in the sea... The Heat will not win their 3rd consecutive title. Wifey is the most disappointed in the family. Dr. Barry and I ate great Italian last night, and he dropped me home in time to watch the 3rd quarter of game 4. I predict the series will be over this weekend. It's a bummer, but not a tragedy like it is when the Canes lose. D2's finished the first week of her internship, and is getting a nice taste of corporate America. She works Monday through Thursday -- 3 day weekends are nice for someone home before finishing a MS degree. She really wants me to buy myself something for Father's Day, since I generally buy stuff for them, and I may relent. I haven't treated myself to any new koi or cichlids in awhile -- I go to the fish farms but end up leaving fish-less -- but D2 will come with me ONLY if I agree to buy. I may just do so... Other than that, the heat is back on -- the seasonal kind. The Ds are both headed to NYC for July 4 -- Wifey's bad back is keeping her within a 5 mile radius of home. I'm starting to get a bit of wanderlust, and may volunteer to handle some depos for the office -- just to change my scenery for awhile... In the mean time -- Dr. Kenny, himself back from a Europe trip, invited me to watch some World Cup game at his house -- US vs. Cameroon, I think he said. Kenny's from LI like I am. Soccer? Really? I may go to drink a few beers and make fun of the game. I guess I'd rather watch soccer than golf, but that's about it. Hours of back and forth, no scoring, and then they add time at the end capriciously and arbitrarily. The rest of the world can have it. Marlins are one game back, and I'll take my lazy butt to a few games, and thankfully, REAL football is only 2 1/2 months away. Ah, now THAT's a gift for this Father...

No comments: