Sunday, June 8, 2014

Casa De Mujeres

It is clearly my birthright to be surrounded by women. I have 2 older sisters. I've been married nearly 28 years to a woman, and I have 2 daughters. All the dogs in my world, until recently, have been bitches, and even the latest, Bo the Spaniel, is a girlie male dog. So this past weekend I had enough -- I needed a break from all this estrogen (or former vessels of estrogen). NAH! Just the opposite -- 2 ADDITIONAL women came to visit. Wifey's friends Edna and Elizabeth were here. Elizabeth was attending her sister's boyfriend's birthday dinner, and Edna was here dealing with her failing parents. Elizabeth took the room above the garage, filled with my Hurrican memorabilia, including some actual chewing gum stuck to the bottom Orange Bowl seats Wifey bought me on Ebay. Edna retired to the room my mother slept in when she stayed -- the so called "Maid's Quarters," even though we never had a maid. It was a nice weekend. Elizabeth was gone, mostly, attending sister related activities, Edna got here late Friday night, and yesterday D1 came by after an afternoon sunglass buying excursion with D2. The Ds, Wifey, Edna, and I went to Town in South Miami. They had salads. I had a burger, but since I was the only man -- I made it a turkey burger. Elizabeth left this am for home in Orlando. Edna is off to Atlanta tomorrow, and D1 is back to Brickell. So I'm back to just Wifey and D2, and D2 is starting her cruise line company internship tomorrow. Maybe there'll be a male grandchild someday. If not, the ladies are just fine with me.

No comments: