Sunday, November 3, 2013

Canes Lost But Still An Awesome Weekend

Friday Wifey and I hosted 2 of my former UM profs and their wives at Salvatore -- our new favorite local Italian place. As usual, I felt elevated to be in the company of academics -- even though we talked mostly of kids, grandkids, and elderly or just deceased parents. Saturday I embraced my inner lazy pig, and never left the house. I read the paper, communed with the strange rescue dog, and wathed great college football. The Gators played Georgia, and lost in the last minutes. That always puts a smile on my face. Then, at 7, I left Wifey to go to Dr. Vince's, for a Canes-Noles watch party. Vince had 2 enormous boats of sushi, and his boy Tyler and friends grilled burgers and fish they had just caught earlier in the day. Norman and his boy Benji were there, as were Dr. Barry and Scott -- my nephew of another family. Mike came, and Tyler had several of his friends. As expected, the Canes lost -- by even more than the huge Vegas predicted spread. Still, we had a terrific time --laughing, telling tales, and, well, just being guys. My life is blessedly filled with women --Wifey, the Ds, and even female dogs. But I really savor the time with my brothers sans ladies. And to Wifey's credit, she encourages this. This am I was reading the paper, and Vince called. He bought a new Harley, and was returning from his weekly Sunday ride to South Beach, and would I meet at LOL for breakfast? I would, of course. So now, with full belly, Wifey and I will head to the nursing home, to visit her father. I cracked Vince up with my tale of the drama that visit always entails. When Wifey and I get off the elevator, will it, or won't it? That is, will it smell awful from a recent bowel accident, or not? I guess into every terrific weekend, some poop must fall...

No comments: