Sunday, November 25, 2012

Full House Leaving

It's been a lovely Thanksgiving weekend in the 305. Long time friend Elizabeth arrived, and took the room near the pool. D1 and D2 shared a room, and caught up on sisterhood intimacies... Friday Wifey, Elizabeth, and I went to Joanna's, and sat outside in the brilliant sunshine eating tuna sandwiches. From there I drove to the Gables ticket office to use some American Airlines credit from the aborted Paris trip to get some tickets for D2 and I to fly to NYC on Christmas Day. We've decided to go into the cold, and enjoy the NYC Christmas vibe -- while I take her to see "Book of Mormon." I saw it last year, and will gladly see it again. Though the tickets are expensive, as my friend and fellow BOM alum Norman remarked, when I'm laughing hysterically at "Spooky Mormon Sex Dream," it'll be well worth it. Yesterday I gave my TV a good workout --watching the Canes annoyingly beat Duke for their season finale, and then watching the Gators beat FSU and Notre Dame beat USC. The Ds, Wifey, Elizabeth, and I then sat around a raging fire in my favorite possession -- my cheap, Target firepit, and made s'mores in the coolness of the evening. It was delightful. Today Wifey, Elizabeth, and I had some coffee, and then took our third mile walk around the 'hood, strange rescue dog and spoiled spaniel in tow. It was another glorious morning -- crisp and bright. Elizabeth just left for Orlando via Lauderdale, and her busy job as a nurse practitioner at Orlando Regional. The Ds are puttering on the computer doing school work --D1 polishing her Master's Thesis, and D2 prepping for an exam. D1 will take D2 to MIA this evening for her flight back to Gainesville, and then, conveniently, fetch her boyfriend returning from Indiana. There's usually sadness when D2 leaves, but this time D1 and I know we'll see her soon -- we're heading to Gainesville in a mere 10 days, to celebrate D2's induction into Phi Beta Kappa, and then D2 comes back home for Winter Break just days after that. So my favorite time of the year is upon us -- weather wise, and football wise, and most of all, friend and family wise. So tonight Wifey and I will have the house mostly empty again, except for an ancient Lab and strange rescue dog. That's the way things started -- just the two of us. Maybe I'll build another fire and sit outside alone -- pondering the cosmos, my place in it, and thinking about my wonderful ladies...

No comments: