Friday, January 5, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside

Just a few months ago I was bemoaning the constant parade of too hot days, and now the weather fates have heard me and responded too well.  It's cold outside.

I just stepped out to mail a letter, wearing a sweatshirt and socks with my sandals, and it was STILL cold.  It was, according to my trusty weather app, 44, but felt like 41.  Indeed it did.  The dogs enjoy it -- they didn't want to come in to the heat of the house, where we still have yet to try our the reverse cycle heat.  The thermostat says 65, which is fine with clothing.

My friend Rob's boy Matt is getting married tomorrow, outside in Homestead.  His Mom Becky is in from Dallas, and is a bit worried about the drop in temps.  We should be ok, though , with sweaters.

D2 offers no sympathy.  She's in NYC which got blasted with snow yesterday, and is awaiting another punch of Arctic air -- may drop to zero this weekend, with wind chill in the minus teens.

Yesterday her boss told her it was fine to work from home, and she did, to avoid the freezing walk from the Path train to her Hoboken office.

The forecast shows next week temps will rise again to the high 70s -- so we'll be sweating soon enough.  And at night, it'll dip into the 60s -- decent sleeping weather.

As it warms today, and the brilliant sun shines, the office will NOT beckon to me.  I think I'll enjoy a nice three day weekend.

Sunday my old junior high friend Jeff is taking his family and me to a Canes basketball game.  Jeff attended Penn and U Chicago, but became a FSU fan, for strange, inscrutable reasons.  After the game, I invited him and his family over for pizza.

They're in from Chicago.  They're enjoying this weather.

No matter -- nothing to do except bundle up for a few days...and be thankful we're not up North.

No comments: