Thursday, July 20, 2017

Never Want To Leave

So today is Day 2 of my new "wanting to avoid cardiac issues" renascence.  I was up at sunrise, and fed the dogs, and then Paul called early.  We've decided to pledge to walk during our daily phone talks -- he already did, but my summer laziness kept me inside.  Today I saddled up the strange rescue dog, and went off -- leash and speaker phone in the same hand.

We did a mile, and then the rescue looked at me with soulful eyes that said "You DO realize it's hot as hell with 90% humidity, right?" so I left her home and did another mile sans dog.  Paul did the same around "The Circle" in Aventura.

Wifey left, for a "table scape" meeting with D1 and the wedding planners.  Apparently this is a new fangled term for planning how the flowers will be arranged.  She took the opportunity to leave for the day -- errands in West Kendall and a meet with her mother.

I was going to the office, but two things stopped me.  First, my morbid interest in OJ's parole hearing kept me at the TV, and second, I realized that Paul was staying home, Stuart was in NYC on a food vacation with his son, and John was driving his girl to Houston to settle her in for her first big girl job.  So had I been the only one working of our group, that would have made me a schmuck, and Hy didn't raise no schmuck...

The sun went down, and I looked at the strange dog.  She nodded.  So we did ANOTHER mile -- her second of the day and my third.  The Cutter (tm) kept the mosquitoes at bay, and the dog happily trotted on her stumpy legs along with me.  We made it home, and she immediately crashed to the cool marble floor, and I stripped naked and went into my pool.

I floated, with the spoiled Spaniel chasing lizards nearby.  There's a privacy wall, and heavy foliage around our one acre, so there was no danger of terrifying any onlookers.

It was simply delightful.  I floated for a good hour -- on the new blue float we got from Jet.com...

I'm pretty sure if I did this at a condo, police would be called.  I never want to leave my house.

Tuesday night, while we killed time waiting for D1 and Joey to meet us at the Capital Grille, Wifey and I walked around Brickell.  It was Midtown Manhattan-like -- filled with pedestrians and joggers.  Wifey said it energized her.  I pointed out that we were by FAR the oldest -- Miami has become truly a city for the 20-40 set, at least in the high rises on Brickell and Downtown.

Not me.  I vant, like Garbo, to be alone...

I guess time will tell, but I ain't going nowhere soon...potential sharers of a townhouse or condo pool will thank me.

No comments: